Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What normal feels like

It's been nearly two months since my husband's health scare began. His final (we hope) follow-up appointment is today, and he can enjoy the remainder of his favorite month.

Normal feels like:
  • Cooking
  • Cleaning
  • Laundry
  • Gardening
  • Yard work
  • Walking

Not necessarily in that order. We're so happy we don't have that Big Thing hanging over our heads any longer.

I bought 20 bags of mulch yesterday, and have already spread half a dozen of them. Today I'm going to plant some perennials at my mother-in-law's. We told her that would be her Mother's Day gift, but she doesn't know when it's going to get done. I think it'll be fun for her to exit her home and find all new plants in the big planter next to her driveway.

It's kind of hard for me to find anything to write about that doesn't include tumor, cancer, benign, gratitude, doctors or surgery. My life is kind of boring compared to all that.

Kind of … um … normal. And I'll take it!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...