Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Quote Day

You must have long term goals to keep you from
being frustrated by short term failures.
~ Charles C. Noble

I seriously don't have much to say today.

After my declaration a couple weeks ago that I was okay just the way I am, I've spent several days lately feeling frustrated and loathesome. I guess acceptance comes and goes, depending on how well your clothes fit, eh? Heh.

The mulch got delivered and the landscaping project is done, for now. I'm sure I'll be moving things and adding more plants as time goes on, but for right now I'm satisfied. Good thing, too, because it's too damned hot to work outside. I tried doing a little weeding yesterday but quit after only a few minutes. It's 8:30 a.m. and already 75 degrees, the humidity feels like it's more than a hundred percent and staying indoors is The Thing to Do.

I heart air conditioning.

I hope you all have a great weekend, stay cool and don't forget to leave lots o' comments to win that gardening book! Contest ends at 7 p.m. Sunday, EDT.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...