Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to work

I'm so silly. I don't work a regular 9-to-5 job, but I still like to take the weekends off. Heh. Now that Monday is here, I feel like I need to work on my to-do list. Yesterday, when I had an equal number of free hours? Not so much.

I picked up a free app called Wunderlist, just to jot down projects as I think of them. I could use pencil and paper, I have plenty of both, but I'm really moving away from a paper-based life. Recipes get filed as .pdf files or saved to Pinterest, as do knitting patterns and other design/style/inspirational ideas. It's working well, as the information is at my fingertips and I have less to throw into the burn barrel.

I recently pinned this, and used it to make a locker magnet for my older granddaughter, who just started high school.



(She's not really OCD. Her mother watched her organizing something or other recently and she looked up and declared, "What? I don't have a diagnosis or anything.")

Anyway, that's just one way I've used Pinterest for something other than recipes and patterns.

The to-do list has been reduced slightly since I started using Wunderlist. What I'm working on now are lists and a newsletter for Three Rivers Democratic Women, our local club of which I am the Democratic woman in charge. I spent Saturday at a district meeting and got all inspired to improve my communication skills and increase our membership.

It appears, upon reading this post before publishing, that I might need to work on my blog communication skills. This one is all over the place and doesn't really say a whole lot. But I'm OCD (or CDO) enough that if it's Monday, I need to blog. (My spices are arranged in alphabetical order, I always thought that was for efficiency and ease of use – am I wrong? Do you store spices in order from Allspice to Turmeric?)

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...