Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The plans they are a changin'

No, not the four five daily missions (water, weights, walk, no snacks, food journal). I thought I had at least another week to make and ship my younger granddaughter's Halloween costume. She's going to be a bride. The pieces are all cut out and ready to go, but I haven't started sewing yet.

The phone rang last night. It was my son, the father of the bride. Their neighborhood Halloween parade is this Saturday. That's more than two weeks before Trick or Treat! The local crafty mamas already knew that, of course, but Grandma in the Middle of Nowhere didn't have a clue.

So. As soon as I hit 'publish' on this post, I'm headed to the sewing machine.

I will take breaks for breakfast and lunch and walk the package to the post office when I'm done. I might be hoisting dumbbells after dinner today. And I hope I don't have Alzheimer's, because the food journaling will also be an end-of-the-day activity. Fortunately it doesn't take any extra time or effort to drink water.

Before I get started, I wanted to share a little picture with you. I was taking something out to the garden shed the other day, which is on the other side of the yard. I took a closer look at what I thought were weeds growing in my future herb garden. We've been throwing kitchen scraps and coffee grounds on that space, using it as an open compost pile.

These aren't weeds, they're baby tomato plants! You don't know how tempted I am to build a greenhouse over them. Or to transplant a couple to see how they do as houseplants. Heh.

Okay, time to get to work. Hope you have a productive day. Hope I do, too!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...