Thursday, October 6, 2011

Stats

Forward lunges, chair squats, pliƩ squats (my fav), wall push-ups - 10 of each
64+ ounces of water
Two meals - late breakfast, early dinner (not a good idea, I do much better with three meals)
4 miles in 84 minutes. Waaaaaay slow today.


I wrestled with the garden tiller today, which is a workout in itself, and planted two kinds of garlic, one to braid and a hardneck variety (German Extra Hardy) which does very well in my neck of the woods, but you have to store it in bags. After that I trimmed some bushes and then I went for my walk. It was about 2 p.m. and pretty warm when I left, and I was so tired from all the gardening. I just decided to plod along and get it done and not think about how hot and tired and grumpy I was.


This accountability thing is working. I don't mind reporting that I was really slow, but I didn't want to report that I wimped out completely.

2 comments:

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Proud of you for getting the whole walk in. Gardening uses all the muscles in undpredictible patterns, unlike doing repetitive sets of exercises, so it's a great workout.

Just got back from my walk, it was a perfect example of how NOT to do it. First I stopped for about 10 minutes mid-way because of a sudden heavy rain shower. Then I stopped again because of a BOGO coupon at Burger King. Sigh.

Debbi said...

Hey, Kitten, your walk gives me the opportunity to be grateful there aren't any fast-food outlets within walking distance! Thanks for your comments, you don't know how much they mean to me!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...