Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The rebel in me respects the rebel in you

That would be the punk version of namaste, I guess.

I'm completely obsessed with Pinterest these days. I scroll through first thing every morning, clicking and repinning and dreaming and being inspired. There's so much talent and creativity and humor displayed! It's a great way to begin the day. (Feel free to follow me on Pinterest, there's an easy-peasy link in one of the sidebars.)

Naturally, now that Christmas is over, fitness quotes abound. I found a tumblr blog through Pinterest called Reasons to be Fit, and this is a big one of mine.


There are only two people who tell me I can't do something. My husband is one (he's so afraid I'll die running, after he saw a fit young athletic man do just that at the finish line of the Army 10-Miler in 2008).

I'll give you one guess as to who's the other.

Ding, ding, ding! You're right if you said it was me.

I've been working on (or not working on) losing weight for most of my life. I must either accept that I'm not meant to be a normal weight, or I must get on with it, accomplish it, Just Do It.

Of course I'm motivated right now. It's time for new beginnings! Fresh starts! Resolutions, decisions, commitments! But what happens in late January, when skies are grey and enthusiasm wanes? WHAT THEN?

You tell me ... 'cause right now, I'm strong and dedicated and ready to rock. But imma gonna need some help in a few weeks. Thanks in advance.

2 comments:

Larissa T. said...

I will get fit next year too! (Oh look, I've already started procrastinating. *sigh*)
Good luck!! And you CAN do it!

Larissa T. said...

P.S. What I try to do to keep motivated is, Keep my eyes on the goal, go to interest for daily inspiration, hehehe, and eat/sleep/laugh daily (sleep preferably nightly)

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...