Saturday, January 7, 2012

Country mouse goes to the city

When I have an opportunity, as I did yesterday, to spend time in a city, I begin to fantasize about actually living in one again. I don't know what I would call the blog, because leaving the Middle of Nowhere would mean the end of the reaping part. And I would miss that. A lot.

But I had a very full and satisfying day in this city, and I could certainly get used to it.

I'd probably need a lot more money, though.

I was able to easily find the seeds and grains in bulk at Whole Foods, and picked up a few things at Trader Joe's, which was right around the corner. I was in a ritzy part of Nashville, but alas - no star sightings.

I met my daughter for lunch downtown - YES, I DROVE DOWNTOWN - and found my way back to her house without incident.

Traffic in my neighborhood isn't quite the same as it is here. The only time you'll get stuck behind a lomg line of cars back home is if you're in a funeral procession.

And when I start dwelling on the whole "driving in traffic" issue, I renew my appreciation for rural living.

There will be more shopping today, as the search continues for a few things. Tonight is my granddaughter's dance performance, and she choreographed one of the pieces. Can't wait to see the interpretation of her concept.

I can only imagine the packed parking lots on Saturday afternoon at any - or all - of our destinations. It's raining, though. Maybe everyone will stay home.

I hope you have a great Saturday.

Sent from my NOOKcolor

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No reason you couldn't have an urban garden, depending on the city. I live in a small suburban city and it is nice to have some convenience but also access to space.

Anonymous said...

I also live in the back of beyond, and whenever we go to a city, I think about what it would be like to have stores and big libraries close by. Golly, you mentioned Trader Joe's and my eyes lit up! But the traffic, crime, lack of elbow room, the noise... I definitely like being able to visit, then go back of beyond.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...