How cool is it that I don't have to think this morning? Well, that's not really true, there's a lot of thinking to go along with this post. But at least it's directed thinking. Because seriously? I don't have a thing in my brain to write about today.
Shannon at The Warden's Log wants to know 11 things about me. Then she wants me to answer some specific questions. Then I have to come up with more questions to ask 11 of you. There are rules! Sounds pretty complicated for this early in the morning, but here goes.
11 Things About Me
|This is the plane I learned to fly.|
It's called a Citabria, which is aerobatic
spelled backwards. Sorta.
- I'm a private pilot, single-engine, land.
- I've been knitting for more than 50 years.
- The only foreign country I've been to is Canada. Does that count?
- I've seen Bob Dylan in concert at least a dozen times and own all of his CDs except one. (Live at Budokon.)
- I've been sober more than 20 years.
- I drove a restored 1950 Hudson to high school.
- The first car I bought on my own was a Volkswagon Karmann Ghia. I loved that car.
- My current husband is my fourth.
- I was a cat person until I got Lindy, a chocolate Lab who instantly transformed me into a dog person.
- During my first trip to New Orleans, when I was 11 years old, I announced I was going to be an artist.
- Some of my pen-and-ink illustrations have been published in magazines.
- Who is your favorite singer (or band)? Bob Dylan, Bob Dylan, Bob Dylan.
- Cary Grant or George Clooney? George.
- Canceled TV show you miss the most? American Dreams.
- Most annoying habit? Interrupting when someone else is talking.
- Best facial feature? I have good skin and don't use anything to keep it that way.
- Favorite season and why? Spring, because I can start planting food!
- Did you see The Artist? Sadly, no. (It's a two-hour round-trip to a multiplex cinema and the local one-screen theatre only screens family-friendly movies.)
- Favorite book as a child? The Wind in the Willows.
- Have you seen the first person you kissed in the last 10 years? No, not in the last 45 years.
- Favorite movie made before 1970. The Parent Trap.
- If you have children, who are they named after? My daughter isn't named after anyone, my son's middle name is his father's first name.
- Sidney Poitier or Denzel Washington? Oooh, that's a tough one. Denzel, I think. And that's 12 questions, so I might have to say both.
- First job?
- GPA in high school?
- Favorite beverage?
- Most inspiring quote?
- Last movie you saw?
- What's on your nightstand?
- Do you take a daily medication (vitamins don't count)?
- What famous person would you invite to dinner?
- How would you spend your lottery winnings?
- Where do you want to retire?
- Your last meal?
- Post these rules on your blog.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you by the person who tagged you.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
- Let them know you tagged them.
- You legitimately have to tag 11 people, but if you don't know 11 bloggers, tag as many as you can.