Saturday, February 25, 2012

Progress photos

Once a month, you (and I) will be subjected to a side-by-side comparison of, um, me. I used to do these back in the Shrinking Knitter days, and it was somewhat helpful. And since I want to give myself every advantage to once-and-for-all lose this effing weight, and since progress photos were part of my previous success at losing this effing weight (although obviously not once and for all), well these effing progress photos will be part of the permanent record.

Without further ado (and with a lot of trepidation and a dollop of courage):


Of course I am more critical of me than you are. I always got lots of positive feedback on SK, but because I'm a realist and stubborn and have pretty good vision, I rarely believed the nice things you said. Clearly there's no difference between this January and February, other than the change of clothing. But I took the January photo the day I joined the gym and made a little promise that I would do this monthly.

My hope is that strength training will make a visible difference when the scale doesn't. I still haven't taken my measurements, and yes I know I should but you have NO IDEA how much I don't want to do that.

I really am ready for once-and-for-all. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I believe slow-and-steady weight loss will yield permanent results, even though I WANT IT ALL GONE NOW.

However, it's like the Rolling Stones said: You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need.

Ah, yes.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...