Monday, March 19, 2012

A lazy Monday morning. So far.

If I don't get my ass in gear pretty soon the day will have completely slipped by and I will not have participated or accomplished a darned thing.

I scheduled a 10 a.m. client meeting three blocks away from the gym. That was a very good idea. Heh. Because I could easily, easily make this a pajama day.

I rewarded my hard work pulling weeds with a bouquet 
of daffodils. Cheerful, sunny, happy, and there are still 
dozens of them brightening up the edge of the pine grove.
I spent 90 minutes yesterday pulling weeds from the flower bed at the end of our driveway. I only quit because it started raining. And I'm not done. Which is frustrating and annoying, because I don't know when I'm going to have another 90 minutes to finish the job.

I'm the kind of person who wants to finish a project in one fell swoop. It's why I don't often sew. In fact, it's why I tend to collect supplies for a variety of crafts and activities rather than work on actual projects.

I'd love to be able to start and stop and start up again, but that's just not my nature. (I had to really really really rein myself in at the Democratic women's work party last week. I could have stayed until we finished, but they all wanted to go watch a basketball game. Harumph. Heh.)

The exception, of course, is knitting. Somehow I've put knitting into the "enjoy-the-process" category instead of the "finish-the-project" one. I'm still slogging away on the blue sweater I started last summer. Sigh. Although I'm not sure that "slogging" and "enjoy-the-process" are compatible at this point.

The family drama has been reduced to a dull roar. It's so very difficult to watch someone put up his own roadblocks and not want to insert myself right in the middle of it, pointing my finger and telling him what to do. I've shared my opinion. All I can do now is stand back and hope that he will receive his moment of clarity before it's too late. I've had to accept that my will cannot be done. People are gonna do what they're gonna do, and that includes me. I'm choosing to be graceful and centered and calm and serene and at peace with whatever the future holds.

Most of the time. Heh.

1 comment:

gingerzingi said...

My entire weekend was a pajama day, so I can't afford to be lazy today :(

I'm glad you're reaching some peace with the family drama. We've all been there, and it's painful to see someone making what you consider to be a bad decision or doing something you don't approve of.

BTW, still don't love Bob. I tried.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...