Monday, July 16, 2012

Getting soft

The teensy bit of weight I've lost recently is due entirely to limited consumption of food. I'm hungry a lot of the time, but it's just too much trouble and too uncomfortable to eat. It's a good thing my husband likes me because I'm sure it's not pretty watching me eat. He says I'm too self-conscious and it's not as bad as I think, but of course I'm right about this!

I've done next to nothing as far as intentional activity. Unless you count knitting! I watched two movies and The Newsroom yesterday, and both of you know I can't sit in front of the television without my knitting. (I'm still slogging away on the blue sweater. I hope it will be finished by election night.)

So to ease back into getting physical, I'm making a commitment right here and right now to weed at least part of the garden (I'm going to try to do half of it) this morning. It's a mess and overwhelming and I really don't want to do it, but I will. And I'll post time-stamped before and after pictures this evening to prove it's been done.

I just wish you could come help me because believe me when I say IT'S A MESS! Weeding, though, is one of those soul-satisfying chores that provides immense satisfaction when you're done. And, of course, if you don't get started, you'll never get done. Duh. Here I go …

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...