Friday, September 14, 2012

It was suggested to me …

that I might enjoy what Margaret and Helen are up to during this campaign season.

Having never read M&H, I clicked, subscribed and have been enjoying their most recent posts. Especially this little snippet from Margaret's review of the GOP convention:

Governor Romney suggested that my proudest moment was when I voted for Obama. Yes. It is pretty high up there on my list. But I was also proud on the day he signed equal pay for women into law. Or the day he ended a war and pledged to end another. I was proud the day he decided American soldiers should be honored regardless of who they love. And again I was proud the day he delivered on his campaign promise to bring about healthcare reform. And you know what, Mr. Romney? I will be proud when I vote for my President again and bring this Republican war on women to an end.
The convention is over and I for one got the message loud and clear – a bunch of white people hate President Barack Obama. But we knew that already.
I think I'll spend a lot of winter months perusing their archives. This passage doesn't even begin to convey the humor and wit and snark.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...