Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mornings are better than ...

the rest of the day.

But yesterday was worse than today (so far), so, um, progress!

Beginning the day with a couple of poached eggs on wheat toast is a Good Thing. I've long known that the protein in eggs really fills me up. I don't think about food for hours after I've eaten eggs.

Unless there's a pile of party food sitting around. Then I think about it. And eat it. As someone who grew up in the '50s, when we all had to clean our plates so the Chinese children wouldn't starve (that just doesn't make any sense at all, does it/), I'm loathe to toss perfectly good food in the trash.

But I'm just substituting my body for the waste bin, so who's the biggest loser in this scenario?

As I said, today has been better than yesterday. And one of these days – soon – the junk food will be out of the house and life will be back to normal. I'll have a couple days of sugar withdrawal to deal with, but it's not like I haven't done that before.

To Jen, I promise I'm going to stick with the diuretic. I feel better in so many ways after just three days of taking it. Haven't checked my blood pressure today, but my breathing is better and my walk today (2.5 miles) was much more comfortable than yesterday's of the same distance.

Onward. Upward. Forward.

Skyward!



No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...