Monday, December 10, 2012

Okay, YUM!

No scolding from any of you about posting a yummy, delicious, rich and tasty cheese spread, okay?

It all started as I was straightening out the pantry and came across a jar of dates, at about the same time my husband was eating a couple of crackers. I remembered I had some goat cheese that needed to be used, and there were three strips of bacon left over from breakfast-for-dinner on Saturday.

I rustled up a couple more likely ingredients and voila! A great addition to the appetizer buffet, or pack it in a pretty jar, pair it with some fancy crackers and give it away.

If you can.

Goat Cheese Spread
  • 1 8-oz. block cream cheese
  • 4 oz. goat cheese
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • Six sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil (or soak six sun-dried tomato pieces in oil for about 30 minutes)
  • Six to eight dates
  • Three strips bacon, cooked until crisp
  • 1 Tblsp. chopped parsley
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
In a food processor, pulse the dates, bacon and sun-dried tomatoes until finely chopped. Add garlic and process for 30 seconds. Add cheeses, parsley and salt and whirl until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Spread on crackers or crostini.


MadAnne said...

What is this leftover bacon you speak of?

Debbi said...

Haha! My husband restrained himself and we saved 3 - THREE - slices out of the POUND I cooked the other night. Very clever you are, MadAnne.

Kathy said...

Yummy!!! My mouth is watering!