Monday, September 9, 2013

Not this week after all

Well. I've certainly learned my lesson:
Never again will I add little teasers to the end of my weekend posts in anticipation of a milestone Monday weigh-in.
I lost 1.5 pounds this week, for a total of 48 pounds gone since Christmas. Progress photos will have to wait until next week. Or the week after that. I'm not quite ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille Mrs. Larsen! Oh, how I wish I were, though.

HOWEVER … a pound and a half is a pound and a half, and I'm continuing to make progress as I've never been able to make progress before. Well, not never, but never this comfortably. I've certainly never been so satisfied with the way I'm eating. And I've never had the confidence that I will, indeed, make it to a healthy weight and be able to stay there.

Trust the process, Debbi, trust the process.

I'm averaging a loss of six pounds per month for the past eight months, and about eight pounds per month since I dipped my fork into the paleo plate. So being disappointed in this week's result is kind of silly, isn't it? The weight is continuing to go … somewhere. As long as it's not going on my hips, I'm happy.

So we had a little excitement last week in town. Go ahead and read it, I'll wait. It's very short.

To think that someone would terrorize the local McD's in Hinton, WV, is kind of funny. Except it's not, as the young terrorist wannabe has no doubt learned by now. My husband was picking up a breakfast sandwich for his mother in that very McD's the very morning the threats were being made.

Which is definitely not funny.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

link is not working. . .

Debbi said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Vickie. Should be okay now.

Unknown said...

Still a great loss, congratulations!

Unknown said...

You're doing great, Debbi, and I admire your intelligent approach to achieving your goal with a positive attitude and humour. I am confident you will get there.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...