Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Here we go

Today's the day we fall off the cliff, hit the wall and go to the poorhouse.

I'm sure about one thing: It is crucial, imperative, VITAL to vote for Democrats the very next chance you get.

In New Jersey, that's today. Cory Booker is going to make a fabulous Senator.

West Virginia's primary will be held Tuesday, May 13, so that'll be my next opportunity. Election Day is November 4. I plan to hold my nose and scratch the rooster then, because here in West Virginia it's difficult to find a political candidate who is as left of the salad fork as I am. But I figure if there's a "D" after his or her name, at least we're in the same ball park. (That is, occasionally, debatable.)

My husband's social security check made it to our account this morning, on schedule. We're good for another month. Not sure if the United States will fare as well.

As for me, today, I've already been working for a couple of hours. Democratic headquarters will be open the next two weekends for our annual Railroad Days festival. We're selling campaign buttons:
If you have a Badge-a-Minute button maker, I'll be happy to send you
the Hill, yes! design (far left) as a 9-up .pdf file. Gotta get ready for 2016!
and I also created a flyer to encourage women to join our county Democratic women's group:
I don't really expect anyone to join our group, but if you'd like
me to send you a .pdf file of the form I'd be happy to. Surprise me!
(Anyone can join. Feel free to click the image, print it, fill in the information and mail it with your check. Seriously! Annual dues are only five bucks!)

We're having company this weekend, so the rest of my day will be spent cleaning and dusting and decluttering, oh my. Unless the chair is in at Target. Then I'll be … SHOPPING!

While I still have some money.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...