Friday, November 1, 2013

Home for a bit

Another Halloween has come and gone, and a good time was had by all. There were lots o'zombies this year, but not just zombies – zombie ballerinas and zombie princesses, which was, um, odd. My favorite costume this year was a very clever s'more.

If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

I ate four treat-sized candy bars, which was probably three too many. I had planned to not indulge at all, but caved when faced with a full bowl of tiny chocolate goodies. I paid for it this morning with a sugar-induced headache.

Why was it three too many, and not four? Because my granddaughter snuck upstairs and left my favorite – a snack-sized Three Musketeers – on my nightstand. She's a sweetie. And I couldn't refuse her generosity, since it was the only Three Musketeers in her trick-or-treat bag!

Okay, moving on.

I found the blue moccasins, and the price was so good I bought a pair of charcoal-grey ones as well. I'd originally thought I'd just find out what size to buy and then order online, but I just couldn't leave them in the store.

Vickie, I found a white shirt, too, but thank you for your very kind offer. (And a couple pairs of jeans, a size smaller than the ones I've been wearing this fall. WOO HOO!)

The only thing left on my list is a pair of dressy black flats.

Tomorrow is West Virginia's J-J Dinner, this year honoring retiring Sen. Jay Rockefeller. More driving, driving, driving. But we're spending the night (it's in Charleston, WV, which is two hours from our home) and then driving, driving, driving home Sunday.

I shall then, possibly, collapse in a heap. The good thing is I've felt great, eaten reasonably well (I had chicken and spinach for dinner Halloween night, passing on the pizza, but then there was the candy) and stayed as active as possible considering the time limitations. I took a short walk when I got home today, and my husband and I are planning an early walk in the morning before we head out. But it's still going to be a pretty low-mileage week.

I can only hope that sticking with the program most of this week will shake a pound or two loose by Monday morning.

And if not? OH WELL. I shall keep on feeling great, eating reasonably well and staying as active as possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I considered getting my wedding dress out of my parents' closet and going as a zombie bride. But there wasn't any place to go, so I'll save the idea for sometime when I do. I didn't do the whole preservation thing on the dress and it's very out of style already, so I doubt anyone else would ever want to wear it.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...