Thursday, January 23, 2014

Crafty lady

So the internet went out a couple days ago. It came back yesterday afternoon sometime, but I've spent most of the day digging the driveway out and going to town. We hadn't picked up the mail in a couple days and needed milk, fruit, yogurt and metal washers.

Because life just isn't complete without metal washers.

KIDDING! Here's what I did with them:
I'm going to a West Virginia Federation of Democratic Women (WVFDW) event Saturday, if I'm not snowed in AGAIN. We had to postpone our December meeting because of weather, and I have all these little goodie bags for the Christmas exchange. At the last minute I decided to add one more thing.

I'm like the knitter who finishes all the holiday projects and casts on for another one BECAUSE THERE'S TIME. Oh. Wait. I'm not like that knitter, I AM that knitter.

Anyhoo ... I coated the reverse (blank) side of a large conversation heart with Mod Podge and let it dry. Then I attached a magnet disk to the back. My dilemma was how to present it. I ended up making the business cards and adding a metal washer to attach the magnetic heart to.

I can't take credit for the idea. I saw it somewhere on Pinterest, and I think it's genius. I used it Christmas before last when I gave my daughter and daughters-in-law each a set of personalized glass magnets. It really does make for a nice presentation.

Shoveling the driveway (which is about .05 of a mile long) will have to count as the intentional activity du jour. Unless making a pot of no-bean chili counts as exercise.

Hoping you all are safe and warm and cozy, wherever you are. Unless you're in Australia, and then I'd love to send you some of this snow! You deserve a break!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...