Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Uh-oh.

It's not quite this bad. I wanted to lose 12 pounds this year and now I only need to lose 14. But clearly I'm going in the wrong direction.

And I'm to blame. I'm not going to lie: I had ice cream a couple nights ago and I've had more dark chocolate than is good for me lately.

Obviously!

HOWEVER … my favorite jeans are a little baggy and my wedding ring is looser than it's ever been. So, while it would be nice to report another stay-the-same week – or, even better, a loss – I think I'm okay with this little wake-up weigh-in.

It reinforces that what I've been doing – eating protein, vegetables and fruit; taking a daily walk, and doing some bodyweight exercises most days – works. It certainly works better than eating sugar.

I noticed when I got in the car after yesterday's walk/run that my right hip was a little achy, in the same way it used to hurt before I began the paleo plan. I never want to go back to limping down the road or, worse, choosing not to be active because I hurt too much.

My grandmother chose that route and ended up on oxygen and housebound for the last 10 years of her life.

Maybe it's not an uh-oh after all. Maybe it's just what I need to get back on track. Good thing we don't eat snacks while we watch the Olympics (as we do when we watch the Super Bowl)!

2 comments:

Toledo Lefty said...

If you haven't been eating sugar and carbs and then you start, you can expect a lot of water gain. But obviously, if eating too much sugar makes you achy, it isn't a good thing no matter what happens on the scale.

gingerzingi said...

Ha ha, I'm going to steal that image...