Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Quote Day

You are never too old to set another goal 
or to dream a new dream.
~ C.S. Lewis

Well, C.S., that's good to know. Since I'm perpetually setting (or re-setting) goals and dreaming new dreams.

My dreams kept me up last night. Or this night, I guess. When I first woke up the first digit on the clock was a "1." When I finally gave up and got up, it was a "3." I don't often suffer with insomnia, but when I do … it's pretty brutal. I think I got about four hours of sleep.

I'm going to have a very wonky, weird day, I just know it.

I think part of the reason I didn't sleep well is because I spent a lot of yesterday on the phone, talking with a variety of people about many things. I don't usually have so much verbal stimulation, and all the ideas and projects and enthusiasm spilled over, I guess.

I'm working on an annual report for a local foundation, assisting a friend with some website issues, helping plan a couple meetings, trying to decide what to wear to two events next week (my late-winter/early-spring wardrobe is pretty much non-existent), and still urging the Governor to veto that bill, along with the usual meal-planning/preparing, homekeeping, laundry, and, of course, the daily walk.

Yesterday's walk was cut WAY short. So cold, so windy. Had to turn around after only a quarter mile. But today will be lovely, and tomorrow, too. My husband and I will be at a little ceremony this morning dedicating a business to a community leader, but will be coming straight home and, hopefully, getting a long walk in this afternoon.

I mentioned to him yesterday that I was going to have to average 4.5 miles/day, every day, for the rest of the year to hit 1500 miles. He didn't suggest I lower my goal, bless his heart (and I don't mean that in the Southern belle way, but in an honest-to-goodness wow! he gets it! bless his heart! way), but said I'd probably have to throw a few more five- and six-milers in there than I'd originally planned.

He's right. And I will. Those walks have become more than just exercise.

They're bordering on therapy. Heh.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I wonder if it would serve you well to do two 4 mile fast paced walks per day a couple days a week. A total of 8 miles those days. A way to up your miles, but also to change your pace (not that you walk slow, just faster than your normal pace). This would not work on busy days, but on home all day times, might work. Every once in a while I do a day where I do 5 minutes of burpees or jumping jacks or the like several times, spread out during the day.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...