Wednesday, April 23, 2014

All politics is local, Part 2

I filed the paperwork and paid my ten bucks back in January, but seeing my name on a ballot makes it really real. Yesterday was the last day to register to vote in the May primary, and the May primary is right around the corner, and the local weekly rag published sample ballots in yesterday's edition.

See?
No, we don't have paper ballots any more, and I've
never seen anyone bring their sample ballots to the
polls with them. But I'm sure it happens!
You can see, also, that – like Vivian in Pretty Woman – I'm a sure thing. Vote for two candidates, and you only have two from which to choose.

But still. Pretty fun!

I'm off to the not-so-local state capitol this morning to participate in a rally supporting my Congressman's re-election and denouncing the Ryan budget as bad for West Virginia. Stop by the statehouse if you happen to be in Charleston around 10:15! We'll be on the steps on the Boulevard side.

The things we do for politics.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SUPER EXCITING!

Winnie said...

I hope you had a good time and were able to reach people. I am smiling seeing the sample poll in the paper. When I was first married my late hubby would actually leave the sample on the table on election day all CIRCLED for me. He did this when we first married "in case I needed help". I left him a note saying, thanks, but my vote is my own. I wonder how he would like these electronic machines now. Thanks for the reminder, made me smile.

Unknown said...

Congrats to you for being willing to serve in public office!

denise said...

So cool...

Unknown said...

No my dear...the things YOU do for politics. You are an inspiration!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...