Thursday, April 17, 2014

By request

I thought for sure I'd shared my recipe for bacon-wrapped chicken tenders, but I can't ever find where I did. And it's not in the recipe tab. But it will be, today.

I first ate these at my daughter's home, probably more than a year ago. She's a busy working mom who's also going to law school and low-carbs, so easy-peasy high-protein dinners and snacks are high on her priority list. She had a full container of these tasty morsels chilling in the fridge and said, "Help yourself."

I had a hard time staying out of them!

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Tenders (2 servings)

  • Six chicken tenderloins (or 2 large chicken breasts, cut lengthwise in thirds)
  • Six slices uncooked sugar-free bacon
  • 1 Tblsp. chili powder (or to taste)
  • 1 Tblsp. garlic powder (or to taste)
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 375°. Coat casserole dish with cooking spray (to keep it paleo I use coconut oil spray). Place chicken in large zip-lock bag and sprinkle with chili powder and garlic powder. Close the bag and shake it to coat each piece. Wrap each piece of chicken with a piece of bacon and place in baking dish. Grind pepper over all piece. Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes.

You can also grill these, but mine get too dried out on the grill. Adjust the seasoning to your taste, or try a marinade instead of dry seasonings. You can get very creative with this dish and you almost can't ruin it. Because … bacon!

For yesterday's salad, I simply sliced four or five leftover pieces (because I nearly always double or triple this recipe) crosswise and warmed them in a skillet, then threw them on top of a bowl of mixed greens + black olives + pico de gallo. Serious yum.

1 comment:

denise said...

Thanks for providing the recipe. I will definitely be trying it at some point.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...