Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Promises, promises

Well, I didn't really promise you anything, so it's not like I broke one. But yesterday I did say I was going to walk AND clean AND mop.

Guess which one I didn't do?

My floors are sparkling, though!

Every time I do this major cleaning job – most of the floors in my house are laminate or tile – I say I'm going to keep up with daily maintenance. It takes less than 20 minutes to run a dust mop and maybe five more to use the carpet sweeper on the little area rugs in the entry way and in front of the sink.

That's 25 minutes I could be playing Dots. Heh.

I'm really going to try this time. Waiting until it's just too awful to live with isn't working for me. Discipline! Resolve! Commitment!

More major cleaning on the agenda today, but not as major as an acre of flooring. (I exaggerate slightly.) I haven't walked in three days, so I will promise to get one in today. We have another nice, cool day in store. As I said yesterday, it would be a shame to waste this weather staying indoors.

Film at 11. Or maybe 9. While Gingerzingi got a good night's sleep last night, mine was disrupted and fitful. I also went to bed at 9, but was still semi-awake at midnight and wide awake at 5 a.m. So film at 11 is doubtful.

And that's what's up here in the Middle of Nowhere. Have a good day, y'all.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...