Tuesday, July 1, 2014

So I signed up for NaBloPoMo again …

and this morning I find I have nothing to say.

Nothing. But here goes anyway, with apologies for the boring content.

So … it still hasn't rained. I keep waiting. We keep getting alerts that it's going to rain, but it doesn't. Or it just sprinkles a teeny bit and then it's done. Other parts of the country are deluged. I guess that's the way it goes with the weather.

I ended up not walking those extra five miles yesterday because I had to go to town and run errands in the morning and it was hot as HELL by the time I got home.

Our state federation of Democratic women holds an annual meeting every fall, and one of our main revenue sources is selling ads in the program book. While I was in town I made a trip through the courthouse and sold four half-page ads in less than half an hour! Had some great conversations along the way.

It gives me a smidgen of hope that Democrats might actually get out and vote in an off-year election. We surely need them to do just that this year.

I'm not going to say anything about yesterday's Supreme Court decision, other than that I'm a) not all that surprised, b) disappointed and c) more convinced than I've ever been that this country needs to adopt a single-payer health care delivery system. If we have to accomplish it state by state, so be it. But we need to do it.

And I think that's it. Time to walk before hot as HELL, the sequel, descends upon us.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...