Friday, October 3, 2014

Twenty-one hours ago …

I pulled out of the garage yesterday morning at 9:30, headed to a meeting at which I put together an invitation to a reception/fundraiser for one of our House of Delegate candidates. Others there put together the guest list.

At 6:30 this morning I stamped the hundredth post card. In that 21 hours, I also took a four-mile walk, prepared and ate dinner and slept from 8:30 p.m. until 4:30 a.m. (Early to bed, early to rise!) The actual post card work – designing, printing, attaching stamps – didn't take an inordinate amount of time. (I always have to refresh my skill set on how to print addresses on the cards, though. I didn't want to go through the extra step of printing and attaching labels.)

Finding addresses? Oh. My. Goodness.

But it's done, with a little help from a friend and whitepages.com. I'm still missing two, and I'll try to get someone to find those today. I've exhausted my resources and I'm done looking.

I'm ready for this election to be over, over, over. Done. Finished. It's rather incredible that a mid-term seems SO important. But it is, since the Koch Brothers have targeted West Virginia and are throwing massive amounts of money into the state to turn it from purple to red.

I'd never say the state was true-blue. Those Democrats in high elected offices here straddle the fence, especially when it comes to energy and guns. But someone with a D beside his or her name is going to pay more attention to me and my concerns than someone with an R (or a T, L, M, C, or I).

The good thing about being so busy yesterday was that my food intake was reasonable and perfectly paleo. And I'm happy I made the walk a priority. I knew if I didn't do it as soon as I returned from the meeting, I wouldn't do it at all. So making that plan and then sticking to it worked well.

I think I'll plan to walk and stick with the food plan again today. Couldn't hurt, right?

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...