Friday, January 9, 2015

Perhaps I shouldn't have bragged

My first week using the FitBit was great, and I let both of you know about it. As has been said and proven many times, though, pride cometh before the fall.

In my defense, I know I would have been taking those four-mile walks this week if it weren't for this cold snap. It's truly not safe to be outdoors with negative-number wind chills. I have, therefore, logged far fewer steps this week than I'd planned to, and probably won't make it to 70,000.

I also woke up yesterday with a cold. Took some Alka-Seltzer Cold in the morning and vegged out all day. Turkey soup for dinner (I threw everything but the kitchen sink in the stockpot and it turned out great!) and then back to bed.

My hope with the resting marathon yesterday was that I would feel well enough to make the drive to Nashville-south today. And I do feel well enough, barely. I'm not as stuffy, my head isn't pounding (just pounding) and I'm sure I'll be fine. The iPod is loaded with new podcast episodes and I might even download an audiobook before I leave.

It's a long drive.

But always worth it to see family, and this trip I get to see both of the older grandchildren perform.

I hope by the time I come home my energy and motivation and joie de vivre has returned. It's quite amazing how quickly I can go from rah-rah-rah to sis-boom-BLAH.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Homo proponit, sed Deus disponit. Or in other words, sh*t happens.

I took a day off from walking on our coldest day (which was probably like your high temperatures!) and almost felt a little guilty. Almost but not really. And you know what they say about colds: drink plenty of fluids and REST.

Enjoy your visit with the grandchildren.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...