Skip to main content

We're in for it now

Yesterday was SO gorgeous. Mid-60s, crisp and clear, bright sun, a slight breeze and I had nothing inside the house that was pressing. No chores, no laundry, no guests … for once, the interior of my home was in decent shape. The only agenda yesterday was to wait for the door delivery.

Offering us plenty of time to pay attention to the outside.

Our perennial gardens are full of weeds, and the beds are large. No way I can do all of them all at once. Frequently while weeding I wish for a magic gardener to come along and fill all my buckets and wheelbarrows with what doesn't belong in the garden. Never happens, and yesterday was no exception. So while I filled one big bucket-on-wheels (I think it holds about 25 gallons), my husband picked up fallen tree branches.

The Yellow Transparent is NOT shedding limbs, but is full
of buds – potential apples. So is the Granny Smith. YAY!
Lest you think that's a small chore, we have three acres of mowable grass, and more than a dozen trees.

So what are we in for? GREAT weather – today and tomorrow will be slightly warmer, but the rest of the week promises mid- to upper 60 temperatures, which is perfect for outdoor work.

Because we needed to stick close to home, waiting for the doors, my miles were broken up into several small walks. I went to the water pump to take a reading (still having problems there) – that's 1.4 miles. I walked to the post office and back, for another 1.6. Then three separate walks at different times in the afternoon and early evening from my driveway to the first driveway on the right, up the road a half a mile, and I managed to get six miles for the day.

The sixth mile wouldn't have happened if I hadn't checked the FitBit and noticed I only needed another thousand steps to hit 20K. I actually ended up with 22,039 by the time I went to bed.

The morning door delivery we requested stretched into 3:30 pm, but Lowes refunded the delivery charge and some additional money for our trouble, appeasing our frustration. We've had nothing but great service since we began our remodeling project – a definite change from the Lowes of yore – and so the delivery snafu was unexpected and disappointing. But the resolution was satisfactory.

So there's that.

Food continues to be on plan. I made another pork tenderloin yesterday and we have enough left for two more meals. Which is good, because when I'm working outside for hours on end, I don't feel like starting dinner from scratch. I'm going to slice and warm some of the roast tonight and throw a pan of vegetables into the oven – peppers, onions, cauliflower, zucchini, asparagus and carrots – and call it a meal.

Day Eleven DONE!


Popular posts from this blog


Update on the water: the circuit breaker tripped, either due to a power surge when the electricity came back on last night OR when lightning struck in the area. My neighbor's electric fence control box got hit in the same area. He was able to reset the circuit breaker for us and we have WATER! I think I'll go do a load of laundry. Heh.

And the winner is …

Kitten with a Whiplash, who left two comments and it was the second (which had nothing to do with the contest) which won the prize. Congratulations, and since the Kitten was the only commenter who expressed any interest in actually winning it, I'm so glad the Universe took care of it. Heh.

What a weekend! But first, how was yours? I hope you did some fun stuff and got some necessary stuff done, as well. It's all about balance.

Saturday was our fun day (but we had to drive, drive, drive to get there and then drive, drive, drive home again, all in one day, boy was I tired). We went to my husband's granddaughter's first birthday party. In addition to a sweet little doll, suitable for ages 0+ (meaning it has no parts that will come loose, and do you know how difficult it is to find dolls for babies when you live in the Middle of Nowhere?), I made her this:

I haven't sewn anything in a month of Sundays, so was a little apprehensive about finishing it on time, but this p…


Well. Well, well, well. Should this morning's scale number be divided between two weeks, or did all of it happen this past week? It's an easy number to divide, and I've been consistent for two weeks, so it should probably be split, doncha think?

That means I lost three pounds for each of the last two weeks. SIX pounds total. Excuse me, I mean
SIX!!!!!! I'm going to do everything I can to stay on track while I'm gone this week. There's little more I can promise. I'm really motivated to keep it up. The dumbbells are packed (and my luggage weighs a ton!), I'm taking a thermos of water in the car and I know where are the rest stops are between here and Nashville. I think I'll walk a bit at each of them, then walk again when I arrive at my destination. Hope to get a total of 80 minutes done by the end of the day. SIX!!!!!!