Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A nice little break

And not much to write about today.

Because I was visiting family, and because I seldom write about my family (other than Hershey the dog), there's not much to say.

It was very good to get away. I've been home since February, when I went to Tennessee to attend my daughter's law school graduation. And I've been working on something – volunteer stuff or house stuff or Whole 30 stuff – for months. So it was good to get away.

Following a primal/paleo plan 90 percent of the time means you can have a couple "cheat" meals each week. I had one Saturday night, and got right back on track Sunday morning. It was HARD watching the rest of them eat cake for breakfast, but really? If I eat cake, I know I'm going to pay for it in more ways than is comfortable for me.

Priorities.

Stopped at Trader Joe's and the Piedmont Triad Farmer's Market on the way home. Two of my favorite places when I go to North Carolina.

I checked the electric meter at the water pump yesterday morning and we're still averaging 1 kWh per day, which our pump installer says is what we should be averaging. Since we've been using 20 kWh per day, and since during the cold months it jumped to 50, I'd say digging holes in the front yard was all he needed to do.

The lawn ornament is finally gone.
Seriously. He didn't do anything. Pulled the pump out of the ground, put it back, dug a bunch of holes with a backhoe looking for leaks, didn't find any, filled them back in, and charged us a reasonable amount of money for his trouble and effort.

I think I'll reduce my treks to check that meter to about once a week from here on out.

I have a lot of events and projects coming up, and I don't want to forget anything. It's good to be busy, but bad to drop the ball on something I said I would do. So the next thing on my to-do list is to … make a to-do list!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...