Thursday, June 4, 2015

On the mend

But still sick.

I talked with the nurse in my doctor's office yesterday, who said unless my fever reached and stayed at 100°, I should continue to rest, hydrate, and use OTC cold medications to relieve the symptoms.

In other words, I have a really bad cold.

They say a cold lasts a week or seven days, whichever comes first. This is the eighth day. That's how I know it's a really BAD cold.

My drug of choice is Alka-Seltzer Cold & Cough Formula. That stuff works.

My exercise of choice is walking from my bed to the bathroom and back. Yesterday I made it all the way to the laundry room. Because, yes, the laundry must go on.

My food of choice is whatever sounds good at the moment my stomach starts growling. NOTHING tastes good. Food has no flavor whatsoever. And I've been known to eat dinner at 9 p.m. because I simply wasn't hungry at 5 or 6 or whatever passes for a "normal" dinnertime.

So odd.

I've not been following the paleo/primal plan, simply because it involves cooking. Which involves standing. Which I haven't been doing very often or for very long. Also, bacon and eggs just sounds awful right now. So … oatmeal has sounded very good lately. I've eaten some plain Greek yogurt with fruit. A couple days I had lunch-meat sandwiches (horrors!) and once it was peanut butter (horror-of-horrors!).

I haven't gained any weight, though, so it's all good.

I think Imma gonna make a salad tonight. Chicken, avocado, hard-cooked eggs, bacon, spinach, romaine.

I can tell I'm feeling better if I'm planning to actually cook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're sick! Summer colds are THE WORST. Get lots of rest, drink lots of fluids, and binge-watch Netflix.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...