Sunday, November 12, 2017

9,862

I changed one of the images in the sidebar to mark the passage of time and the celebration of one more year of sobriety. I'm 27 now.

My recovery life is quite different from a few years ago. The volunteer-facilitated meeting was shut down at the prison (it may have been reinstated, but I wasn't notified) in favor of an inmate-facilitated group. Prison meetings were the only ones I went to for more than a dozen years.

I haven't tried to find a new group to attend. That's risky, I know. I continue to turn my will and my life over to my Higher Power on a daily basis, and I have daily contact with at least one (and sometimes more) person in recovery.

I don't have a sponsor any more.

As I write these things down, I realize I'm setting myself up for something bad.

The good in my sober life far outweighs any negatives that pop up from time to time. And they do pop up. I've learned to deal with life on life's terms, to be patient, to think things through to a logical conclusion.

At least one of the issues I had when I first got sober has still not been resolved. I went to OA and then Al-Anon before I found AA (you can read my story here), and I'm still battling my weight, all these years later.

But I'm battling it one day at a time.

At least I've learned something.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Just realized you posted.

Very glad to hear from you.

Congrats.

(Yes, you probably need to find a new group.)

And I hope you write about it when you do. I always find your AA writing to be very interesting.

How goes the house and property? And your health?

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...