Monday, January 1, 2018

So here's an idea


Why don't I start writing again?

Okay, I will.

No minimum number of words (although that would be good discipline). Only one rule:

Write something every day.

So what I just wrote could be it. But it's January 1, and I'll add my intentions, just to keep myself accountable. (If you follow me on FB you already know most of these.)

Mileage goal for the year (walking): 1500. That'll be hard to accomplish unless I use the treadmill. Note to self: USE THE TREADMILL.

Strength training 3x/week, beginning with light weights. Something is better than nothing.

Food: Will start a Whole 30 later this week, after a couple of events that would totally derail the plan. Why start on 1/1 just because it's 1/1 when I know I will have to begin anew on 1/5? Once the Whole 30 is over, continue a paleo template and shoot for 80 percent compliance.

Actually READ at least some of the e-books I've acquired over the years.

Write. (I'm killing this one already!)

Take an online class. Here's the one I'm taking. Already registered.

My surgically replaced hip doesn't bother me at all any more, but I'm still less flexible than I'd like to be. (I have trouble putting on socks and tying my shoes, for example.) At some point I'm going to add some gentle yoga to my routine, but right now I'm just too fat to be comfortable doing yoga.

So far it's good to be back blogging. I guess when it's not good any more, I'll disappear again. In the meantime:

Be kind.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...