Monday, January 8, 2018

Moving on


I was up most of the day yesterday, and then collapsed at 7. Could not keep my eyes open any longer. I slept from 7:30 pm until 5:30 am, and I feel pretty good today.

Really ready for the Whole 30 to begin.

Yesterday I filled one kitchen trash bag with Things I Don't Need from the pantry. I moved all the non-paleo baking items and all the crackers to an upper shelf. Coconut oil, canned tomatoes, ghee, pickles, olives, coconut milk, tuna – all are front and center and easy to reach. Paleo flours are also accessible, but I won't be doing any paleo baking during the Whole 30. Clean and simple for the first month.

Okay, are you ready for some news? You might want to sit down first, and make sure you're not mid-sip.

I lifted weights yesterday.

Three sets of 10 curl/squat combo, with eight-pound dumbbells. Baby steps!

I weigh more this morning than I have in many, many years. I've decided I need to begin like those morbidly obese people on My 600-Pound Life. To me, three sets of 10 is probably like someone who has 400 pounds to lose making it from the front door to the mailbox and back. (If the mailbox isn't attached to the house.)

I haven't had breakfast yet, but will soon have some scrambled eggs and an avocado. Lunch is a chicken soup that is just chicken and broth with vegetables. Dinner will be this.

Walking will be on the treadmill because, while the temperature is a bit warmer than it has been, there's some freezing rain/sleet/wintry mix headed our way.

Tonight is the NCAA football championship game. I'll watch as long as I can stay awake. I really don't have a dog in that hunt. And as much as I hope Trump gets booed at the game, that thinking really doesn't square well with my daily message to …

be kind.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...