Sunday, January 7, 2018

Still sick


But improving. Two days of sneezing and wheezing is plenty, thankyouverymuch.

Everything I wanted to do two days ago – mostly clean out the pantry to prepare for a Whole 30 – will be done today. It's still going to be too cold to walk outdoors, and we might be going to a movie this afternoon, if I feel up to it. If we don't, I'll read more of my book while walking on the treadmill.

No matter what, though, clean eating and resetting my system begins tomorrow.

Tomorrow also is the first day candidates can file for the upcoming primary and general elections (May and November, respectively). Last day to file is January 27. Four years ago I went on the very last day, because I couldn't decide if I was going to run for a seat on the Democratic Executive Committee or not. This year I'll definitely file earlier, and for two positions – county and state committees.

The state committee determines who chairs the state Democratic party, and we need new leadership. West Virginia has gone from reliably blue to blood-red. Clearly we need some fresh ideas and new energy.

So what can I say about Trump today that hasn't been said already? Not a damned thing. Seriously, the guy is demented and immature and unfit. What's left?

This is so boring. I know it is. But I'm tired and sick and it fulfills the requirement of writing something every day.

Be kind.


No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...