Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Oh, the weather outside is …


fucking cold.

Yesterday looked marginally promising for an outdoor walk with my husband. We waited until about 1:30, thinking that would be when the daytime temperature was the highest. And it was … but 28° really isn't very warm.

We walked 4.6 miles along the Greenbrier River, the edges of which were frozen solid. It was cold. Really, really cold. I was so cold my back ached from shivering and we (he's 74, I'm 66) managed about a 20-minute pace for the entire trek.

I was still cold when I went to bed last night.

I'm sure I've been colder, but I can't remember when. Seriously.

We're under a winter weather advisory here in southern West Virginia today and tomorrow. Doesn't look like the snow will start falling until I have to be in a meeting this evening. Two meetings, actually.

Plenty of time to get a walk in during the day.

On the treadmill.

Don't forget: Bundle up and be kind!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...