Friday, January 19, 2018

Oopsie

I forgot to end yesterday's post with the words "be kind."

So I hope you were, and I hope you will be.

And if you need some ideas, click this link.

I need to make a few notes about state politics, if you don't mind, just so I keep everything straight and don't forget anything.

Heard last night that current delegate Shirley Love will be running for Congress, which would take votes away from current favorite Richard Ojeda.

Woke up this morning to see that Ojeda's biggest rival has withdrawn from the Congressional race.

This is good in so many ways.

Ojeda has the personality to win over a lot of people in WV … on both sides of the political spectrum. He will piss off a lot of far-left progressives, but there aren't many of those here, so that won't matter.

Love doesn't have a chance. He has no money and he's 84 years old. But his run for Congress precludes him from running for re-election in the House of Delegates, giving newcomer Selina Vickers an opportunity.

So, at least locally, WV politics is looking better than it has in a while.

Haven't walked in three days. Also haven't read any of my current book in three days. I'm supposed to walk outside with a friend this morning, but it's still damned cold. Might have to reschedule that for later today.

Still Whole 30-ing, but it's getting harder, not easier. Sometimes I wish I didn't have taste buds.

That's it! Be kind.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

http://transformationplanet.podbean.com/e/transformation-planet-episode-16-dr-joan-ifland/

I happened to catch this earlier in the week. Very interesting. Saw your note about whole 30 and thought you might be interested.

I have been listening to a lot of podcasts, while I walk. I started borrowing the neighbor’s golden retriever last May. My walking is a lot more dedicated with a dog waiting for me.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...