Tuesday, January 9, 2018

That went well


Yesterday went really well. I walked on the treadmill for an hour and read a lot more of my book, I wrote a boring blog post, I completed a perfect first day of the Whole 30, and I cleaned up a large area of the upstairs office. Two more sections to declutter there and I'll be satisfied.

Today is going to be super busy, and could go in any of a number of directions. Fortunately the outside temperature is warmer than it's been for a week or so. We had some ice yesterday, but it actually melted overnight. I've been walking with a friend on Tuesday mornings, but we haven't been able to get together for three weeks, so I'm looking forward to that.

This afternoon, we are either having furniture delivered for the bedroom OR I'm spending some time helping my husband with a project. Then at 3:30 there's an old-lady yoga class I want to try. (It's chair yoga, which means there's a chair handy if you feel like you can't hold a pose.)

I like yoga. But I don't love it. I realize I would benefit greatly from practicing, just as I would (will) benefit greatly as I continue to do some light strength training (don't want to go overboard here!). A friend is strongly encouraging me to try the chair yoga class, both for me and for the instructor, who she says is quite good. Then a short meeting after yoga.

Busy, busy day.

We'll have leftovers for dinner. Yesterday's pork tenderloin was enough for two meals, and I'll pair it tonight with sautéed mushrooms and onions (instead of cabbage) and more applesauce, which I made overnight in the slow cooker.

And that's it for today. Be kind.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...