Thursday, January 4, 2018

The undone intention

Treadmill walking is barely
tolerable with a Kindle book.
But intolerable without one.
I am doing pretty well with my intentions. In order to walk 1500 miles this year, I need to average about 28 miles/week, and I probably won't get that this week due to the weather. But I've been on the treadmill twice this year, and will hit it again today. (Tuesday was just too complicated to make it happen.)

I've decided the Whole 30 begins tomorrow. We're supposed to have guests for dinner this evening, and that may or may not happen. It's cold and snowy, and they have to come from their mountain to ours – not an easy trip in good weather. So we'll talk later and decide whether to reschedule or not. If the make-up date falls during the next 30 days, I'll deal with it by serving a Whole 30 meal. Honestly, there's not much difference from what I would serve anyway. We always offer dessert for guests, and that would be the only thing I would forego.

The undone intention is strength training. I brought the dumbbells over to the house from the garage, but haven't picked them up yet. I haven't done any kind of bodyweight workout at all. I have a severe mental block about this, and it's definitely something to work on. Both the mental block and the workout plan.

The weather outside truly is frightful. Wind chill is zero, with sustained winds of about 15 mph. Sleety snow is falling. It's a great day to stay indoors. At some point in the next couple weeks I hope to finish the master bedroom redecorating project that began in November. The walls have been painted a lovely soft cocoa brown. New carpet was installed just before Christmas. I haven't brought any of the things I moved off the dresser and nightstand back into the room, because I'm waiting for two bookshelves and an armoire to be delivered. Right now the bedroom looks like a hotel room: clean surfaces except for lamps and a clock, coordinated bedding, a picture above the headboard.

Today would be a great day to organize and finish that room, but without those pieces of furniture, I'm loathe to clutter it up. Maybe I'll cull some cookbooks today. It feels like a good day to purge something.

Hope your day is a good one. Be kind.


No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...