Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Here we go again

The dental hygienist asked me yesterday how long I'd had my upper denture. I was surprised to learn – after searching THIS BLOG – that it's been five and a half years. I thought three. Maybe four. But I've been fighting this damned appliance for going on six years now.

Sigh.

But I did think it was way cool that I'd written about the process and could go look it up. 

Considering that our bathroom floor is tile and the sink is Corian, I'm surprised it took five years to chip a tooth. I can't tell you how many times it's slipped from my grasp.

I'm looking at more dental work in the future (thus, the title of this post), beginning with scaling and planing next week in preparation for four extractions and a partial. I wanted a permanent bridge, but I don't want to pay $6,000 more for it than for what a partial costs. Call me crazy.

Or … you could call the president of the United States crazy. Because he is. And the sooner Congress wakes up and realizes it, the better off We The People and OUR democracy will be.

In case you haven't seen it, here's what I'm talking about. Not just crazy, but juvenile, petty, and narcissistic, as well.












And here is my reaction.

And I mean that: Congress AS A BODY needs to add a few parts. 

This isn't funny. At all.

I know it's kind of ironic to add this, after my graphic insult to Congress, but here goes: Be kind.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...