Sunday, June 20, 2021

Onward

The coming days, weeks, and months promise to be challenging. Spending time with my son and his family this weekend, has been good for my heart.

I'm going home later today, with a renewed commitment to look for the joy. I know it's out there.

Certainly one of those joys can be found in taking better care of myself physically. While eating whatever I want whenever I want it is joyful for a moment, the result is painful and depressing. I need to keep this in mind, count to 10 before I make a decision to eat, eat crap, or even eat at all.

My daughter-in-law plans their meals ahead of time and finds great joy in doing so. Less stress and hassle at the end of a work day. She's off for the summer, but will continue her meal planning because it brings order and joy to her days. I've tried meal planning and never been able to make it work for me. Time to try again. It will be helpful to have one less thing to figure out each day.

Tomorrow is chemoport insertion day. We'll also have surgical consult appointments at WVU this week. I imagine my tooth extraction appointment will be postponed. Can't be helped, and my tooth doesn't hurt any more, so I can wait a while longer.

Onward. With joy.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...