Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Insert record scratch sound effect here

Dr. Hopkins with Mercer Medical Group inserted a chemo port in Mike’s chest yesterday, while I ate whatever I could get my hands on to comfort myself. No one should have to do this twice. (Although I'm sure MANY have done it more than twice.)


Before we left the hospital complex, he picked up a copy of the PET scan that was done last Thursday, along with the report. 

The good news is, the PET scan shows no evidence of metastasis.

The really great fantastic news is, the PET scan shows no evidence of a tumor in the esophagus.

As we understand it, PET may not detect very small tumors, so more studies are being pursued. We plan to go to WVU in Morgantown for an endoscopic ultrasound, a very sensitive and sophisticated procedure.

We also plan to consult with a thoracic surgeon, a gastroenterologist, and the oncologists who treated him previously.

As for me … I plan to not beat myself too vigorously when I make poor food choices. This is stressful. WAY stressful. I also plan to make a meal plan and stick to it to the best of my ability. 

Under the circumstances.

Thanks for reading. As for understanding … yeah, I don't understand it, either.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...