Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Can’t. Think. Straight.

I’m feeling a bit incoherent this morning, so here are some bullet points to summarize what’s going on:
  • Today is my last day of South Beach Phase One.
  • I am, after all, a little apprehensive about adding grains and fruit to the diet.
  • Yes, it’s a diet, albeit one I can live with comfortably.
  • The inmates at the prison where I volunteer think there’s something in the stimulus package for them. If there is, I can’t find it. I’m thinking funding for transition programs, job training, that kind of thing. Anyone out there know of anything solid and for-sure?
  • Our weather has gone to hell in a handbasket. Lovely spring day yesterday, back to winter today.
  • Interval training burns tons o’ calories – kick the incline up on your treadmill one lap out of every four and you’ll see what I mean.
  • I didn’t knit a stitch yesterday. Not one.
  • Mostly because I have a graphic design project that’s (happily) taking up lots of otherwise free time. (I’m doing a newsletter for a garden center and we are bartering my work for their plants. Sweet!)
  • My dad might be going home this weekend. If he does, I’ll be heading south Friday with a stop in North Carolina for a couple of days to see my son and his family.
  • My biggest concern about making this trip is food. (That’s worth an entire blog post, and one I don’t want to write this morning.)
Have a good Wednesday …

1 comment:

Laura N said...

Hey lady! Congrats on the weight loss on SB! I, for one, have no problem saying I'm on a diet. Diets have done great things for me. If I live the rest of my life on a "diet" and stay thin & healthy, then so be it! The D word is not a dirty word in my book.

I'm glad to hear your Dad is going home. Good news all around. When you get home spring will be that much closer & you'll feel that much spring-y-er.

Take care of you!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...