Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Knitting? Running? RepEATING!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know this blog is called “Knit. Run. Repeat.” I feel like I should apologize for the past two weeks of almost exclusively writing about eating.

The knitting continues, although with a great deal less enthusiasm than at any other time in the past 20 years. My friend Nancy, who died late last year, was my knitting buddy. Before she got sick we had daily conversations, either by e-mail or by phone, about knitting: yarn, needles, projects, ideas, progress (or lack of it), problems. She would have loved the poufs I gave to my two older grandchildren for Valentine’s Day. She would have made them for her grandsons.

I’m nearly done knitting a felted bag (you can get the pattern here). I don’t think I’ll add the little doo-dad decoration to it, but I will add all the pockets, although knitting the pockets is the fiddly part and I’m in more of a mood to do mindless, don’t-think-about-it knitting lately. Hence the poufs. Heh.

The running has stopped completely. I haven’t run since the Richmond Half-Marathon in November. I walk a lot, either outside or on the treadmill, but I feel clumsy and stupid running when I’m as fat as I am now.

So that’s why I keep writing about eating, or at least eating the South Beach way. When I walked outside this morning I actually thought, ‘I should go running today.’ Keep in mind it’s f-f-freezing cold and my workout today will most definitely be on the treadmill. But that little running thought popped into my pea-sized brain and made me happy. I’ll be running again when the weather warms up. Oh, yes, I will!

1 comment:

3XMom said...

you should not feel clumsy or stupid. I started running for the first time in my life when I weighed 220. I ran 2 5ks at that weight. Now that I have lost 42lbs (and counting), I still run. When you run at a higher weight you are showing the world you are trying to be healthy!!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...