Thursday, March 12, 2009

Digging deeper

Perhaps that last item on the left is why iTunes Genius won’t update itself. I have all the other stuff (except the 4th item, and I’m not going to buy a new computer in order to watch HD videos when I can watch them on my HD television.)

So I got on the internet (slowly) to see if Verizon has deigned to provide a broadband connection out here in the Middle of Nowhere yet, and of course they haven’t. I’m getting very frustrated with not having a high-speed connection – but you knew that, didn’t you?

I’m turning this iTunes problem into a part-time job. It’s keeping me awake at night. I woke up at 2 a.m. wondering if the connection had broken, but was too cold and tired to go check on it. (My computer is on the second floor of our detached garage.)

At 8 a.m., when I finally did make it over, it had – of course! – shut itself down. There’s a new, huge version of iTunes available. I’m downloading a program called Speed Download (it’s taken more than an hour so far) which will cut the iTunes update download time considerably.

You guys are probably bored as all get out with my little problems. I need a place to spout off about it, and maybe you’ll all have an opportunity to be grateful for little things like instant internet connections.

While all of this computer stuff is going on, I’m going to hop on the treadmill and watch decorating programs on HGTV and DIY. My husband would probably disable the television if he knew what to pull or push. I think he’s about done with my redecorating schemes. Not me, though – I get so inspired I forget to eat.

See how I brought this whole post around to losing weight? Clever, aren’t I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why yes, you are very clever! I knew that the whole entry was really about weight and not iTunes at all. Your problems sound just like the ones that frustrated my mom before she got her DSL connection. Maybe that is an option for you? If not, making the project a part time job should keep you entertained :)

Mary Gee said...

You forget to eat? What are those shows? I must need to watch them.

(word verification "weenes")

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...