Monday, March 16, 2009

Proof positive

A day or two without bread or pasta and BAM! A pound gone.

I could cry. I was really enjoying the starchy carbs. Why is it that the things I love (except my husband, most of the time) end up hurting me? (I’m looking at you, alcohol and penne and whole-wheat crackers!)

A quick note for Denise: I looked into Hughesnet just this weekend, as a matter of fact, and it’s a little pricey for home use. Like almost $50 more per month than my dial-up connection, plus purchasing equipment. I’d rather spend the equipment money on an iPhone and the extra monthly money adding data service to my wireless phone plan.

But that ain’t happening for a while either.

Busy day today … I haven’t thanked you guys for stopping by here for a while, so thanks. Sometimes (and I know I’m not the only one) I feel like I’m writing into a void, and then I get a couple thoughtful and helpful and encouraging comments that make me realize there are people out there who care about what goes on here in the Middle of Nowhere. I’m grateful.

1 comment:

denise said...

I figured the Hughesnet thing sounded a little too good to be true. Oh well...

I have an iPhone that I bought back in November. I love it for checking email and playing games :-) but I find browsing the internet on it to be difficult - partially because my vision isn't what it could be. I always have to enlarge things to read them and then you don't get the whole screen at once.

Plus, I'm not good with keyboarding on it. I'm a one finger typer on the phone and still don't do well with it. Fortunately, they have a great autocorrect function that substitutes what I mean for what I typed most of the time.

Good luck with getting faster service.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...