Thursday, April 30, 2009

Justin Thyme

Oh, I’m just so clever I can’t stand myself.

I finished planting the garden yesterday morning, early-early, and it started raining an hour later. It rained off and on all day yesterday and it’s raining now. A nice, steady soaker, just what a newly planted garden needs to get those little seeds to sprout.

Thanks for your comments from yesterday’s post. The nap didn’t happen and I had to take three Aleve – morning, afternoon, bedtime – to control the aches. I have to remind myself sometimes that my chronological age will be 58 next month. In my mind I’m still a young pup.

Here’s something interesting: On days I run, I eat like crazy. On days I don’t run, I eat very, very little. Is this psychological? Or is my body refueling even though I don’t want it to. I realize I need to refuel, but seriously I’m already carrying enough fuel to get an airliner from here to Europe. I’d like to dump some of it over the Atlantic, thankyouverymuch.

But I don’t seem to be able to stop that eating thing. I don’t get the same effect when I walk, either outdoors or on the treadmill. Which leads me to believe it’s psychological. I’ve worked sooo hard and it was sooo much more than what I usually do and I need to eat. I’m not consciously thinking this as I’m raiding the pantry, mind you. In fact, I’m telling myself I don’t need to eat, I’m not even hungry. And then I eat anyway.

I think I’ll just forget about fitness and weight loss and dieting today. My husband is out of town, so I’m going shopping. I need to find some kind of fencing solution for that garden. As soon as those seeds sprout, the deer will be coming by to investigate. Maybe I’ll just run them off. Heh.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...