Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Back in the groove? Not so much.

Traveling may be good for the soul, but it’s not-so-good for my routine.

There are four partially painted doors on my back patio, waiting for the finishing touches.

There are 30 or so seedlings waiting to be planted.

The grass is high and the weeds along the roadside are higher. Not to mention the weeds in the flower beds, which haven’t been touched this year at all.

I have dust-mopped my floors since I got home, but haven’t damp-mopped in far too long. Oh, and I did some laundry, but it’s still not folded or put away. Sigh.

The one positive thing I did yesterday to try to get my groove back was to take a walk. Not a very long one – 45 minutes, maybe – but I’m giving myself all kinds of credit for doing it. I just about had to walk down the driveway with my eyes closed.

That’s where all the messy flower beds are. Heh.

Today, I mow. Tomorrow I paint doors. Each of those activities will happen after I take a walk. And that’s what I’m doing as soon as I hit the publish button.

1 comment:

Lori G. said...

I don't know about you, but it's humid as all get out over on this side of the mountains. That makes it hard to go out and DO things. (Or maybe that's just me and because I'm wearing nylon knee highs and office outfits...)

Give yourself a break. You almost need a day or two to recover from vacations and/or road trips.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...