Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Still here

My computer – or, more likely, my internet connection – has been acting up for days. I'm taking advantage of what is probably a small window of opportunity to throw something up here lest both of you who read this blog think I've died.

We had company for the Fourth, as we always do, and I didn't spend any time on the computer at all. The trouble started on Thursday or Friday, so I thought maybe a few days of no activity would cure it, kind of like a cold. Hmmm – I guess that only works on people.

At any rate, it's time to get back to clean eating, regular activity and a healthy lifestyle which doesn't include dessert at every meal.

Last night as I was preparing the coffeemaker, I looked out to see a gorgeous sky:

And then when I turned around to go back in the house, I saw the full moon, peeking through the woods:

Okay, let's see if this will post now.

1 comment:

denise said...

I have to say I was a little worried about your extended absence, but I also remembered that you were preparing for holiday company and just figured you were still recovering from that.

Good luck solving your technical issue - computer problems are a pain!

Pics are beautiful and clearly illustrate one of the great advantages to living in "the middle of nowhere." Thanks for sharing. We city folk are jealous! (or at least this city folk is)

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...