Thursday, July 9, 2009

Two days in a row

Can she make it three?

Well, I might, if I hurry.

I took a five-mile walk both Tuesday and yesterday. (And I picked about a pint of berries on the way back. The ones edging our woods aren't quite ripe enough yet.)

But if I do walk again today it will have to be soon, as the sky is grey and the weather forecast is for rain and more rain. It's actually quite cool outside – this has been a most pleasant July, all in all.

The edamame and corn are pushing up through the dirt – I can't begin to describe how awesome I think it is when you cover a little seed with earth, add sunshine and water and then eat the fruit (or vegetable) of your labor just a few weeks later. Yes, Denise, it's a lot of work, but the rewards are more than worth it. I'm not that good at weeding, and this is the first year this plot of earth has been cultivated, so it's very weedy, but the good stuff is coming up anyway. Maybe next year I'll mulch the whole thing.

My weight is staying steady, which is to say I'm still not losing anything. I should be grateful I'm not gaining, I suppose, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is what I'll look like when my time is up. I expect I need to shake things up a bit, and I'm so-so close to giving up refined white sugar yet again. It's not like I'm chowing down on cookies and candy all day, but I know I've enjoyed more of it than is necessary or good for me.

I picked up my knitting needles last night and cast on for a Bitty Baby sweater for my younger granddaughter. It's a very simple sweater, and one I could easily duplicate in her size. Unfortunately I cast on (and knit 8 rows!) using a size 4 needle, instead of the size 0 I was supposed to use. So I'm starting over.

Story of my life. Heh.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...