Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One day down, 30 to go

Or 300, maybe. Who knows how long I'm going to keep this streak going? Heh.

So I journaled yesterday, every bite, even the ones I shouldn't have eaten. I ended up eating a little more than I would have liked, but certainly not enough to do any damage to someone with a normal metabolism.

Of course we all know that's not me. Ahem.

I use a piece of standalone software called CalorieKing to track my food, and it provides a handy pie chart (mmm, pie) showing a breakdown of fats, carbs and proteins. I ate four times as much carbohydrate as protein and, unfortunately, most of it was of the starchy bread type, rather than the good-for-you vegetable type. It's useful to see your intake charted like that; visual aids are always helpful when planning menus.

I meant to mention that the Aetna check came on Friday. To say I was surprised that it arrived within their timeframe is a complete understatement. February 26 was the last day of their delivery window. It's going straight into my HSA so I can spend it on office visits that my still-overpriced Aetna policy doesn't cover.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...