Thursday, August 12, 2010

Puh-lease!

Headline from my hometown newspaper:

Are you freaking kidding me? Is it so bad out there that counterfeiters are reduced to passing fake ones and fives?

I'm sorry, but that's a hell of a way to make a living. And how embarrassing is it going to be for this guy in prison, when he admits he forged small bills instead of the customary $20s-and-up?

I'll stop. You're right. This has nothing to do with knitting, running, reaping or eating.

Knitting:
Still working on my little cabled bowls. Two are done. I need to make some tags for them and take them to my neighbor's shop; she's very excited to add them to her inventory.

Running:
See the first sentence in the second paragraph, above. It's been so damned hot and humid here that running for an overweight, out-of-shape woman is, well, a distant dream. The combination of cooler temperatures and less produce to preserve should mean I can at least begin a walking program again in a couple of weeks.

Reaping:
About all that's left to harvest are tomatoes, eggplant, cantaloupe, watermelon and winter squash. And a row of late snow peas which have just started to flower. I have to shell the dried cranberry beans, edamame and black-eyed peas. The melons are still ripening, which gives us much to look forward to!

Eating:
Dinner last night was my go-to dish when I'm busy, penne with pesto sauce, chicken and whatever vegetables I have that need to be eaten. (Eggplant, zucchini, onions, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms. Mmmm.)

I did end up making a to-do list yesterday and checked off more than half the items. Eight down, five to go. Except that I've added a couple more things to the list. I guess that's the nature of to-do lists.

Or busy people.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...